Fall is the new spring!
While spring is traditionally regarded as the best time to sell a home, this year, the coronavirus crisis and lockdowns derailed the usually busy spring season. However, home sales have rebounded this summer and remain strong. Fueled by pent-up demand and low inventory, many buyers are eager to make up for lost time, and with buyers continuing to outnumber sellers, you’ll have a much better chance of getting top dollar for your home.
As fall approaches, here are a few reasons why it’s a good time to list your home.
- Mortgage purchase applications have risen steadily this summer, signaling that home sales will continue climbing over the next few months.
- Record-low mortgage interest rates are spurring more people to shop for a home so they can reduce their monthly mortgage payments.
- With fewer houses for sale, the market has become highly competitive, resulting in more full-price and multiple offers as well as a jump in home prices.
- As more people work remotely and generally spend more time at home, many are realizing the dining table is no longer the best place to work and they need more space to accommodate their new lifestyle.
- Some people who have shifted to permanently working at home are deciding to move to where they really want to live since they can now work from anywhere.
If you’re still on the fence about whether to list your home during the pandemic, Coldwell Banker agents can show your home virtually using video and apps to keep you and potential buyers safe while still showcasing your property’s unique features. In addition, our mortgage partner, Guaranteed Rate Affinity, offers digital tools that allow you to get pre-approved online or by phone, and to complete and sign mortgage documents digitally.
If you’re interested in selling your home, our agents are ready to help you review your options and assist you with all of your real estate needs. Get started today by contacting a local Coldwell Banker agent and schedule a virtual or socially distanced in-person appointment, or visit ColdwellBankerHomes.com.