By Alexa Rae Conching, Coldwell Banker Realty Field Marketing Specialist
When it comes to Holidays in Hawaii there is so much to celebrate. Enjoy the local activities and support our local businesses this holiday season! List of events courtesy of KHON2 and Go Hawaii.
- Honolulu Hale City Lights — Join in the fun and cheer, capture merry photos, witness bright lights and take in the delightfully decorated 55-foot Christmas tree at the Honolulu Hale Courtyard which is open to the public until Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022. The tree was planted in the 1950s and harvested from a Kailua family’s yard.
- Kapolei Hale City Lights — Soak in more lights at the Kapolei Hale (1000 Ulu‘ōhia St) through Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022.
- Aloha Land’s Winter Wonderland — Guests ranging from keiki to kupuna can be transported to this Holiday Wonderland at the Aloha Stadium. This attraction will run between 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. from now until Saturday, Jan. 1. It features a drive-thru light show, 50-foot mega tree, socially distanced photos with santa, walking light tunnel, food court and picnic area. For more info, including a map, click here. To purchase tickets, click here.
- Pearlridge Express — Keiki under 48 inches tall can hop aboard the Pearlridge Center’s train and journey through holiday toyland located at the Mauka Center Court. Rides will run daily from Saturday, Nov. 20, through Monday, Jan. 10, 2022. Tickets cost $5 per child.
- Inaugural North Shore Christmas Festival — Stop by the North Shore Stables (67-221 Waialua Beach Road) from Dec. 3 to 23 for some Christmas fun. The festival will run from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays and 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. on weekends. Admissions costs will be $10 for adults; $5 for those aged 13 to 17; free for kids aged 12 and below. Parking is free.
- Pajama Party at Olino by Consolidated Theatres — Families and keiki can wear their comfiest pajamas at several classic Christmas movie showings while enjoying hot chocolate and cookies on three separate Saturdays. Show times range from 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. (pending ticket sales). To purchase a ticket, click here.
- Waikele Premium Outlets — The shopping center will offer extended holiday hours & festivities to accomodate the needs of busy shoppers. Gift wrapping for donations will be offered until Friday, Dec. 24. Donations will benefit Students and Parents Against Drugs and Alcohol (SPADA) and the Simon Youth Foundation.
WHERE TO TAKE PHOTOS WITH SANTA:
- Ala Moana Center’s contactless Photos with Santa —
- Photos with Santa – Socially-distanced photo sessions with Santa will be scheduled from Thursday, Nov. 18, to Christmas Eve; click here for hours of operation. He will be located on Mall Level 2, Ewa Wing (between Oakley and Tesla).
- Pet photo night — Bring your cats and dogs only to meet Santa from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Monday between until Dec. 20.
- Pearlridge Center’s Photos with Santa — Looking for Santa? Find him on the second level Wai Makai (previously Downtown) Center Court above Longs Drugs. Take this opportunity to get some festive photos between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Dec. 24. Appointments required – click here.
- Royal Hawaiian Center’s Photos with Santa — Every Saturday from until Dec. 22, those who wish to meet Santa can snap a photo with him between 5 and 7 p.m. All guests will be given a free printed photo; no personal cameras will be allowed.
- Windward Mall’s Photos with Santa — Santa is located at Hickam Federal Credit Union’s Windward Winter Wonderland in Center Court until Christmas Eve. Photo ops are available from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., then 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays. Pet pics with Santa will be on Sundays — Dec. 5, 12, 19 — from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Click here for info on how to win a free Santa Photo Package and for a list of Santa Theme Nights.
VIRTUAL AND DRIVE-THRU HOLIDAY 2021 ACTIVITIES:
- U.S. Postal Service’s Operation Santa — Be a part of this program and “deliver a happy holidays” to keiki and families in need or affected by COVID. Hawaii residents can begin reading and adopting a letter now.
- Zoom for a Cause with Santa Claus — The Battleship Missouri Memorial in Pearl Harbor is hosting a zoom aboard the Mighty Mo for a virutal visit with Santa Claus. The event will be on Thursday, Dec. 16, Friday, Dec. 17 and on Saturday, Dec. 18. There are photo packages with Santa to choose from, all at the comfort of your hale. To register for his event, click here.
What is your favorite local holiday event?