It’s no surprise that buying or selling a home can be an overwhelming, complex process, but working with a real estate professional can make the entire experience smoother and less stressful.
An experienced agent has the local expertise, marketing knowledge and familiarity with transaction requirements to guide you every step of the way. Here are a few reasons why working with an agent can benefit you.
- If you’re a buyer, there’s no substitute for an experienced agent who knows exactly what you are looking for and has deep knowledge of area neighborhoods. An agent can arrange for you to visit homes that interest you, at your convenience. They also have access to homes that are not yet listed, giving you a leg up over other buyers, which can be crucial in a competitive market.
- Although it’s easy to search endlessly for properties online, it’s not a substitute for having an agent assist you in your search. They can quickly conduct searches to find homes that meet your criteria and contact listing agents to set up appointments for viewing. And if you’re selling, an agent can field these calls for you, make appointments and answer questions.
- An agent can provide a competitive market analysis (CMA) that shows comparable properties in your area that are on the market or have recently sold. This can help you price your home right the first time, decreasing the chances of price reductions or your home lingering on the market.
- If you’re looking for a new home while trying to sell your current residence in the same area, it’s much simpler to work with one agent who can list and market your current property and help you find your new home. Since the same agent will work closely with you throughout the process, they will know you and your specific needs, make scheduling easier and reduce the stress of a dual transaction.
- An agent can help you negotiate the complex terms of your contract. Selling or buying a home involves dealing with multiple contacts and contracts, including the buyer or seller, their agent, home inspection company, appraiser, banks and sometimes attorneys. Your agent can help you navigate the entire process in a timely manner, so you can experience a smooth and seamless transaction.
If you are considering selling your home or purchasing a new one, contact a Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties independent agent today or visit ColdwellBankerHomes.com. A Coldwell Banker-affiliated agent can advise you on what you need to know so you can make the best possible decision.
Leave A Comment