While buying or selling a home can be a complex process, working with a real estate agent can make things easier and more efficient.
A local agent has the area expertise, marketing knowledge and familiarity with transaction requirements to guide you step by step through the entire process, keeping everything on course. Here are just a few of the many benefits of working with an experienced agent for your home purchase or sale.
1. If you are looking to purchase a property, there’s no substitute for a professional agent who knows what you are looking for, has deep knowledge of neighborhoods and can help you find a perfect match. An agent can arrange for you to visit homes that interest you, at your convenience. Many agents even have access to homes that are about to be listed, which could help you in areas where homes are selling quickly.
2. Although the internet makes it easy to search for properties for sale, it doesn’t take the place of having an agent assist in your search. Agents can quickly conduct searches to find homes that meet your criteria and call listing agents to set up appointments for viewing. If you’re selling, an agent can field these calls for you, make appointments and answer questions.
3. An agent can provide a competitive market analysis (CMA) that shows comparable properties that are currently on the market or have recently sold. This can help you price your home right the first time, an important factor that minimizes the chances of price reductions or having your home languish on the market.
4. If you’re looking for a new house while trying to sell your current home in the same area, it can greatly simplify the process if you work with one agent to list and market your current property and help you find your new home. Since the same agent will work closely with you throughout the process, they will know you and your specific needs and make scheduling easier.
5. An agent can help you negotiate the complex terms of your contract. Selling or buying a home involves dealing with multiple contacts and contracts, including the buyer or seller, their agent, home inspection company, appraiser, banks and sometimes attorneys. Your agent can help you navigate the entire process in a timely manner, so you can experience a smooth and seamless transaction.
If you are considering listing your property or purchasing your dream home, contact a Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties independent agent today or visit ColdwellBankerHomes.com. A Coldwell Banker® affiliated agent can provide guidance and advise you on what you need to know so you can make the best possible decision.
Leave A Comment