At least twice a year I try to clean out my apartment. Getting rid of clothes I haven’t used in years or items that I don’t need or haven’t touched. Because I live in an apartment, having a yard sale/garage sale is not an option, so I’ve been donating my items at the local Goodwill.
Most recently, however, I decided to sell my items at the Aloha Stadium Swap meet. The more the merrier, I thought, so I got a group of my friends to join in. We picked a date and got to cleaning out our homes.
If you’re interested in giving the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace, I would recommend it with these things in mind:
- Sunday is the best day to sell your items. The last two rows are reserved for “garage sale” types of things.
- Stalls are assigned by first come/first serve and cost is $15 for two stalls. We opted for 4 stalls, parking in the first and last stalls, and setting up our items in the middle.
- Gates to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet open at 4:30 AM for vendors, so don’t forget that large cup of coffee.
- Just be aware – there’s a lot of “Early Birds” looking to snatch up your items, which is great, but can also be chaotic when you’re still taking items out of your car.
- Don’t forget your tables, chairs to sit on and small change. It also gets pretty hot, so if you have a tent, great! Otherwise you have the option to rent a tent from them…or sweat it out without one.
All in all, it was a successful day for us! All items we didn’t sell were donated – mission cleaning out accomplished! It was a lot of work, but the socializing with friends and making a little extra cash more than made up for the hard work. Overall, a great experience and something I most definitely will do again.
Have you ever sold items at the swap meet? Let me know in the comments if you have any tips to add.
Great information. Our family has successfully sold at the Sunday swap meet on several occasions. It’s fun, but it does get hot! Some ideas we’ve used:
when calling for a space, ask for a space near the snack bar. Foot traffic is best there with the snack bar nearby
bring water and snacks
bring hangers to hang clothing for sale
LOVE the tips. I will be going on Sunday to sell a lot of my things.
could we sell drinks (Water) as well? any other tips ?