At least twice a year I try to clean out my apartment. Getting rid of clothes I haven’t used in years or items that I don’t need or haven’t touched. Because I live in an apartment, having a yard sale/garage sale is not an option, so I’ve been donating my items at the local Goodwill.
Most recently, however, I decided to sell my items at the Aloha Stadium Swap meet. The more the merrier, I thought, so I got a group of my friends to join in. We picked a date and got to cleaning out our homes.
If you’re interested in giving the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace, I would recommend it with these things in mind:
- Sunday is the best day to sell your items. The last two rows are reserved for “garage sale” types of things.
- Stalls are assigned by first come/first serve and cost is $15 for two stalls. We opted for 4 stalls, parking in the first and last stalls, and setting up our items in the middle.
- Gates to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet open at 4:30 AM for vendors, so don’t forget that large cup of coffee.
- Just be aware – there’s a lot of “Early Birds” looking to snatch up your items, which is great, but can also be chaotic when you’re still taking items out of your car.
- Don’t forget your tables, chairs to sit on and small change. It also gets pretty hot, so if you have a tent, great! Otherwise you have the option to rent a tent from them…or sweat it out without one.
All in all, it was a successful day for us! All items we didn’t sell were donated – mission cleaning out accomplished! It was a lot of work, but the socializing with friends and making a little extra cash more than made up for the hard work. Overall, a great experience and something I most definitely will do again.
Have you ever sold items at the swap meet? Let me know in the comments if you have any tips to add.